According to the latest Sandhills Global market reports covering the aviation industry, values for piston single, turboprop, and jet aircraft may have peaked this May. All aviation categories displayed month-to-month value decreases from May to June, and with the aviation market showing signs that values might continue their drop in the near future, sellers could need to adjust asking values going forward based on the available inventory. The market reports show that rising inventory levels are a major contributor to decreasing aviation values, and this June marked the fourth consecutive month of inventory expansion across all categories.
Sandhills’ aviation products include Controller, Controller EMEA, Executive Controller, Charter Hub, Aviation Trader, Aircraft Cost Calculator, and AircraftEvaluator. AircraftEvaluator is Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool for all types of aircraft, built using the same technology behind FleetEvaluator. Widely used and trusted across equipment, truck, and trailer industries, FleetEvaluator identifies asset values with unparalleled accuracy.
The key metric used in all of Sandhills’ market reports is the Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI). Buyers and sellers can use the information in Sandhills EVI to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation, and related business decisions.
This report includes detailed analysis of asking values and inventory trends in the worldwide used aircraft market along with charts that help readers visualize the data. It describes and quantifies important trends in the buying and selling of used piston single, turboprop, and jet aircraft.
U.S. & Canada Used Piston Single Aircraft
- With the 21% M/M inventory increase in June, used piston single aircraft inventory has now increased each of the last five months. Inventory levels were up 15% year-over-year.
- The Sandhills EVI shows asking values decreased 1.4% M/M; on a YOY basis, values are up 22% from June 2021.
U.S. & Canada Used Turboprop Aircraft
- In the turboprop category, the Sandhills EVI showed an 8.5% M/M inventory increase, a gain nearly identical to the category’s 8-percentage-point increase from April to May.
- Despite inventory increasing for the fourth consecutive month, turboprop inventory levels were still down 52% YOY.
- Asking values for turboprops were down 1% M/M; but when compared to June 2021, values are up 32% YOY.
Global Used Jet Aircraft
- Although used jet inventory increased for the fifth consecutive month, jumping 15.3% from May to June, inventory levels across the globe are down 34% YOY.
- The Sandhills EVI shows asking values decreased 3.1% M/M with asking values this June coming in at $12.7 million. When compared to one year prior, jet aircraft values are up 27%.
Obtain The Full Report
For more information, or to receive detailed analysis from Sandhills Global, contact us at email@example.com.
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services gather, process, and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites, and online services that connect buyers and sellers across the aviation, construction, agriculture, and commercial trucking industries. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services offers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, cost-effectively, and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About The Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a principal gauge of the estimated market values of used assets—both currently and over time—across the construction, agricultural, commercial trucking, and aviation industries represented by Sandhills Global marketplaces, including Controller.com, AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse.com, MachineryTrader.com, TruckPaper.com, and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluator and AircraftEvaluator, Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tools, Sandhills EVI provides useful insights into the ever-changing supply-and-demand conditions for each industry.
Posted On: 7/7/2022 8:55:35 AM